Thursday, March 25, 2010

WHAT:S IN YOUR FRIDGE?

As a mother of Four boys...ranging from the age of 20
right down to four...i am kept aware , very aware of what rests inside the fridge. When deficient i am quickly reminded.
It;s what we don't have or what i SHOULD have bought.
Leaving me to wonder is it evERRRr gonna be yummy
enough
or perhaps it's just the male need to always want what's not in the fridge.WHEN INFACT IT WAS, IT was just resting behind the HUGE OJ container....
HOw manY times i have come running to the call,
"I DON:T SEE IT< IT:S NOT IN THE FRIDGE!!"
thinking to myself that;s funny i just bought it today,
YES to find it was there all along.
Not sure if it's a Male thing to feel the need NOT to look behind items. Is it motherly to look too deep into the fridge?
I look at this picture and think where's her flip flops , i wear mine with my socks when it's cold out. NEVERMIND HEELs....OR should i think HEALS....
with the APRON....
like ~"Please let me serve you, HOney DEAR?"

Is that what it was like, I have a bag of my grandmother's Aprons .
After she passed ,we went through the kitchen, there was one drawer designated
for all of her Aprons. All of her Many Cooking MOoDs, enhanced by her Apron.
I was the only one that wanted them. No arguments there.
Her drawer.
A Sacred Right of passage?
She had four Kids too.
Were her needs met in the apron that fit so well?
Funny to think, should there have been a pair of Heels in that drawer?
And where is my Drawer. I have a Junk drawer.
Perhaps I should empty that drawer and make it my Grandmother's Aprons.
Would my deficient ways be filled up in her nutritious spirit that rested
in between the bow ties of her Aprons.
I miss My grandmother standing in her kitchen in her apron.

To bring reverence to my fridge.
To bring food for thought to the ones i love
like we are what we eat
It takes thought to eat right
It takes a moment to decide to make the choice
to go left or to TurN RiGhT
and in the end it really took about the same time
to cook a righteous meal
as it did to sit in a line going through Wendy's.

1 comment: