Thursday, August 18, 2022

Past , Present, Future

LOOKING BACK IS ALWAYS 20/20 Question: Which came first the art dealer or the art? the chicken or the egg? what is a commissioned work of art? When the buyer is not exacticakly the art "dealer". Should it be more the idea of the commissioner, or more within the faith of the commissioned? is it a 60/40 or a 50/50..... rather a 20/80...could it ever be 20 / 20 Both have needs , perhaps entirely different. Both have desires, perhaps entirely different, the money starves the limbs from appropriate circulation within the conversation. The conversation? The converstaion of required specifications- when the art dealer becomes money hungry, it is the utmost turn off to an artist- when it is clearly the underlying current driving the art dealer at it's commissioned artist. When prices are somewhat private, the etitiquette of it all is precisely what I am missing. Me, Myself & eye are just it, but to get it built , to have a team that wants to create my vision- is lacking. My voice is lacking, the entire project of my soul is set UPon a table, with an electricity I barely got time to know, because as this birth was taking place, the very "team" alotted to me, our very own sign business- saw fit to abort any such happening. I stood there watching it in real time. Feeling an abortion without any medicine.... is what it felt like- I suppose. The lack of follow thru- add on the reality of the sign shop's OWN projects. The comments from the art dealer, the work not being of stellar fine art world quality... I can take that full on- no schooling - and buidling inside a sloppy mom&pop neon shop, what else does one expect. Perfection is a thorn . It is a state of mind, it's in the eye of the beholder, as an art dealer - how do you fill ur gallery with stuff only you love, why assume your taste is perfection for others? The narcissism involved on every level makes my hunger fall away like an anorexic- where's the exit. My short lived endevours. Not built for this society of busy body, fARTdeALeRZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment