Wednesday, January 6, 2016

It;s the simple things....in a kids mind.



Almost 12 years ago, Zeb was just about 3 years old.
 He got some crazy foam for Christmas. It was stunning how long it took
for me to find the Kid within myself to see the "value" in that gift.

 I was appalled. I had become one of the Sheeple.
Honestly , at first I was appalled at the gift !
Thinking~ "THAT:S IT?!! That;s  ALL you got the kid?!"
I was missing the entire happiness of my child. Honestly , Had I BECOME THAT ADULT ~
The CRAZY FoaM had gone to my heaD!!!
YUP y'up I guess so. (embarrassing to think about it and to even `write it makes me
cringe at myself ~ straight up embarrassing ~ )
At the time, Beyond my screwed perspective~ clearly I was missing something...
At some point god, took the blindfold from my heart. It took a couple hours`
but somehow... some way....

the judge mental glasses came off ~ allowed me to clearly SEE..... looking in the mirror.
I saw a diseased "SHEEPLE" of  the 'more' mentality.
The perspective in me had shifted!
Thank god... HOW.?!.
I don;t even know ~ but it had transformed.....
The PRESENT in the Crazy Foam was the PRESENCE spent watching Zeb play in his Crazy Foam bubble bath. The gift of presence in " the age of outside yourselfness!"


The true gift was the expression of my child's heart , smiles, and gleam in his eyes.
This three year old is only three for one moment, one blink in time ,
the reverence that came over me ~ had me pity my very own self `~
give me the grace to rejoin the joy
of the simple things in a child;s heart. Thank you .
Why does this shine dim as we grow older. Where did I loose myself ... there for a moment.
WHat do you get kids these days that already have everything?!!
Is it better to give nothing then alittle something? Even if it;s cheezy>??
The questions don;t matter~ if your heart says do it~ then follow thru an do it.
It's none of my business what people think because in the end the gift of a smile happened.
The simple things in the heart of my inner child ~I hope it never looses it;s luster.
The sheeple perspective has a very powerful shine remover...
it;s an exercise of sorts to continue into the older days, mindful these types of changes
don;t take root.












No comments:

Post a Comment