Monday, January 11, 2016

Sir David Bowie

I always thought David;s eyes were so surreal.
The duo of an eye color split: heterchromia!
In 1987 , I was working for a short while over at Quad Recording Studio,
longest chick gopher job I ever had. In a man's world,
chicks move forward like snails.
I was sent over to 168 west 48thst. to drop off some master 2" tapes.
I'm standing in the door way, waiting for them to Buzz me in, as
some really tall guys approach the door.

Buzz the buzzer already!!!.....  I say to myself .
I glance over and from the corner
of my eye~ the third guy is clearly someone I KNOW>!

My heart hits the sublevels of the subway system below me.
My blood is racing like a nascar speedway racer and
I immediately square off my body, facing the door~I look down.

The Buzzer sounds and one of the men push the door open, smiling
and sort of giggling along with his buddies.
We all collect into the tiny elevator. There is a round glass
window towards the top of the elevator door as it closes and
I feel like I am in a sub-marine: only we are all going up.

I press the floor number and Stare straight ahead~ because he is standing right behind me.
Of course we are all going to the same spot.The fellow slightly to my left addresses me,
" Your shy!" giving me a big smile," DO you know who you're riding the elevator with?!"

I reply ever so slowly and fragiley looking behind me at
David Bowie,
"Yes, Nice to meet you."
He smiles back at me , nods his head at them.
They all started laughing, and I believe David Bowie was hardly thrilled with
their tactics.

He knew I was trying to respect his space. I was not going to be the screaming groupy chick
that I had locked up inside my mental attic.
I mean it;s a catch 22. Sometimes stars need alittle reminder how great they are?!!
Perhaps he hadn't made a good album since Let's Dance in 1983...I don;t know.
I was also in "work" mode.

It wasn;t about that, and Sir Bowie knew it. My excitement was in the inability to
speak and it was obvious....
Sometimes people go bonkers , other times they faint... well I was in the small Valley
somewhere between both of those places.

Working in the recording industry
I got to see the likes of many "rock stars & rappers".....
or being raised under my father;s wing in the
 world of theatre ~ "they" are just people too!
I felt like I had intuition when to approach or stand off.

In all reality the talented rockstars, singers, writer, producers,
 actors, artists of any kind, whatever label they fall under~
the gift to follow thru and create while in your physical body,
shall I say ~ in this your lifetime ~ is the truest gift.

David Bowie was an Icon!
He made me feel like there was no sex to him.
His Female and Male energy was so united that in my
opinionated teenage days~ I was confused by him~
no denyin his music made me move, He was a classic , a pure natural.


This morning, I heard He dropped a new album 2 days be4 he passed.
I am greatful for his art , his heart and his soul.
For all his creation.
Recently loosing my dad, I wonder if it's any easier on a family knowing their beloved is sick
I mean we are all going there one day anyway...
& as we shed our skins many times during our lifetime
I will miss the many levels of Bowie. He was far too young.
R.I.P. David Bowie



No comments:

Post a Comment